Thursday, April 5, 2012

Veterans Looking for More Than Just Government Jobs

By Michael Larson and Mark Larson

“So you’re not planning on going back into government?” The question came from an executive at a prominent consulting firm, but I (Michael) had heard it often before. At networking events in industries ranging from consulting to media to publishing, rare is the occasion that I’m not asked some variation when I bring up my service as a surface warfare officer in the Navy.

As my brother Mark and I prepare to transition back into the civilian workforce – myself after a stint in graduate school, Mark after four years service as an infantry officer – we find ourselves confronting the same conundrum tens of thousands of veterans face as they exit the military: Is the effort spent securing a private-sector job worth it when it is the government and government-related firms that place the highest premium on military service? Read more here…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment